A forum for the indifferent, malcontent, misfit, and lutraphobic

Disclaimer - This blog contains opinions basted with one or more of the following: logic, satire, irony, bitter thoughts, self-deprecation, and purely by accident, humor - and no, it's not in Latin.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

James Cameron Turning People Blue

This article at Mashable.com reports that some people are experiencing depression after seeing James Cameron's blockbuster hit AVATAR: 

“Ever since I went to see ‘Avatar’ I have been depressed. Watching the wonderful world of Pandora() and all the Na’vi made me want to be one of them. I can’t stop thinking about all the things that happened in the film and all of the tears and shivers I got from it.. I even contemplate suicide thinking that if I do it I will be rebirthed in a world similar to Pandora and the everything is the same as in ‘Avatar.’ ” - Mike

I can't say that I blame this guy.  I mean, who wouldn't want to live in a place chock full of lethal beasts, foreign militias hellbent on destroying your treehouse, and an indigenous populous who make Smurfs look like whiny little bitches?  The death and destruction alone is enough to inject my life with much-needed meaning. 

Well, let your troubled heart weap no more Mike.  There are places on this planet that can deliver the same awesomeness as Pandora . . . .

Six Real World Places More F-ed Than Pandora:
6.  Pakistan
5.  Congo
4.  Sudan
3.  Iran
2.  Somalia

And the number one location . . . .
1. TIE: Detroit and/or Chicago!

No comments:

Post a Comment